Even though this is a really tragic incident, I could not stop rolling over the floor and laugh my freaking guts out.
Three Houses Gutted
Dhangadhi, May 9: Three houses were gutted when fire spread from “a cloth burnt to divert” snakes at Gaidakheda in Ward No 4 of Ramshikharjhala VDC of Kailali yesterday. It is believed that the smoke of a cloth diverts snakes.
The fire destroyed the houses and goods inside them of Harka Budha, Khagendra Budha and Prem Budha. Police estimated the damage to be at around Rs 700,000. Police and locals doused the fire later.
Source: Rastriya Samachar Samiti
But of course, those poor people – they could have just pelted the damn snake.